Wonders Needs You!
Wonders is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and, from our very beginnings in 1976 with 1 classroom and 7 children, people like you have played a vital role in helping us meet the financial demands of our ongoing and evolving services. The donations and support of our extended Wonders family of parents, alumni families and the overall community consistently makes it possible for us to make our quality child care affordable and accessible to as many families as possible in the Metro Washington DC area.
Ways You Can Help Us
Countless families trust in Wonders to provide our services, and your participation in our various programs means as much to them as it does to us. All donations are tax deductible, and enable us to meet the goals that are fundamental to our mission as a child care organization. Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Make a contribution at any time, either as an unrestricted gift, or to the Wonders Financial Assistance Program. This program distributes approximately $150,000 in child care assistance each year.
- Sponsor a Wonders fundraiser, such as the annual family picnic where the Wonders family and friends gather for good food, fun, games and music.
- Make your contribution in honor of a special occasion, or in memory of a family member or friend.
- Donate to our Annual Giving Campaign which supports such initiatives as training and professional development for our teachers and staff, classroom supplies and technology upgrades to improve communications with Wonders families.
- Join our One-to-One Sponsorship Program. This program is a way for you to contribute financial assistance to a Wonders child, with an easy to manage, affordable, monthly contribution.
- If your child is ‘graduating’ from Wonders this year, please consider donating your initial deposit to our unique organization. For further information, contact us at email@example.com.
Making a Difference, One-to-One
Wonders is proud to announce an outreach program that provides much needed financial assistance to some Wonders families. What started out as a single person asking how they could make a difference for one child has grown into a meaningful extension of our financial assistance program. With the assistance of a One-to-One Sponsor, a family already enrolled in Wonders, and already receiving financial assistance, can receive assistance to meet their monthly tuition obligation. A few extra dollars can make the difference!
A One-to-One sponsor makes an anonymous monthly contribution to an anonymous individual Wonders child. For the 2009-2010 program year, 60% of our sponsors are Wonders teachers, directors, administrators, and Board members.
The One-to-One Sponsorship Program is a way for you to contribute financial assistance to a Wonders child, with an easy to manage, affordable, monthly contribution. Our current sponsors are contributing between $25 and $100 per month.
For more information and to start sponsoring a Wonders child right now, call Judy Beman at (301) 654-5339
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your donation is tax deductible. Wonders Tax ID #52-1055687.
How To Make Your Donation
- Click here.
- With a check: Download PDF form.
- With a fund-matching gift from your employer: Contact your Human Resources Dept. or payroll deductions coordinator for forms and instructions
- Through the Combined Federal Campaign.*
- Through in-kind gifts of items or services. Contact Joanne Hurt, Wonders Executive Director at (301) 654-5339 to inquire the items or services can be used at the time of your planned donation.
* Wonders agency number is 50753.
Wonders welcomes and acknowledges each and every donation to our valued organization.