Wonders Child Care Center is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination. We enroll children on a first come, first served basis, but do give alumni, siblings and children of staff priority at all of our sites. Additionally, due to our required lease arrangement, employees of the Montgomery County government receive priority at Leland Children’s Center and Edgemoor Children’s Center. The number of spaces available for enrollment at each site is determined by the licensed capacity of each classroom.
Steps to Apply
- Contact Wonders with any questions or to request additional information.
- Open houses are available at our Early Childhood Education and Summer Camp programs and program tours are available at our School Age programs.
- Submit an application with non-refundable Application Fee
- If a full or part time space is available, you will be asked to submit a deposit and a non-refundable registration fee.
- Drop-in only enrollment requires an annual nonrefundable registration fee and enrollment in the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for payment. No deposit is required for Drop-in only enrollment.
- There is an annual non-refundable registration fee in the School Age Program.
- If no spaces are available, your application will be held on a waiting list at no additional cost.
Refunds and Withdrawals
- Your deposit will be held until you indicate your decision to withdraw from the program. For your convenience, the deposit will hold your child’s space from year to year.
- Early childhood programs are 12 month programs. Written notice of withdrawal must be received by the Program Director at least 30 days in advance of the last day your child will attend. You are responsible for the full tuition during the last 30 days of enrollment.
- School age programs are 10 month programs. To withdraw you must submit 30 days’ written notice to the Program Director. Your are responsible for the full tuition during the last 30 days of enrollment.
- You may choose to use your deposit as a contribution to the Wonders Financial Assistance Fund or have it refunded to you. Failure to comply with the notification requirement will result in forfeiture of your deposit.
- Refund checks typically require six weeks’ processing time after the child’s enrollment ends.
- For early childhood, changes in days enrolled in the summer are subject to availability and are approved at the sole and absolute discretion of the Program Director.
Changes in Enrollment
If you wish to change the number of days your child is enrolled, you must submit this request in writing at least 30 days prior to the anticipated change date. We cannot accept requests for changes between August 1 and October 1. All changes are subject to availability and the discretion of the Program Director. Additional days will be granted only if space is available. Reducing days is not automatic, as we must be able to fill the newly vacated spot. Families are responsible for the full payment of the original schedule until notified by Wonders that the change has been made.
Wonders offers a unique scholarship program which annually provides approximately $160,000 in child care tuition assistance to families. The Wonders Financial Assistance Program is fundamental to who we are as a child care organization and a community. We strive to make our programs accessible to as many families as possible and in order to do this we ask that everyone in the community who is able supports the Financial Assistance Program through our annual giving program (CFC# 50753).
Applying for tuition assistance:
- Families may apply for tuition assistance after enrolling in the program.
- Interested families must complete the application form (available at each program site, the business office and under the Forms tab on our new website) and submit it with documentation to the Financial Assistance Committee.
- The Committee confidentially reviews each application.
- If tuition assistance is awarded, you will receive notification from the Committee.
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
- Families receiving tuition assistance must reapply annually and must be current in their tuition payments in order for their application to be considered.
- We also accept Child Care Subsidy vouchers such as Working Parents Assistance and Purchase of Care. All Program Directors have information about these programs.